Mount Hotham Resort Management
Visitor Experience Senior Manager
Role: Visitor Experience Senior Manager
Work Type: Full-time, ongoing
Location: Hotham Heights Victoria
Department: Visitor Services
The resort is situated on Crown Land and is managed by the Mt Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (RMB). The RMB is a State Government statutory authority responsible for the operation, promotion, and development of Mt Hotham. Mt Hotham is Victoria’s premier alpine resort offering a range of year-round tourism experiences and services that attract and sustain a mountain community of residents, staff and visitors.
About our culture
At the RMB, we foster a culture of collaboration, communication and innovation and understand the benefit of working effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for the resort.
We subscribe to the Victorian Public Sector values with a particular focus on respect, accountability, leadership and integrity.
About the role
The Visitor Experience Senior Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to deliver a year-round resort service offering for visitors to Mt Hotham. The Senior Manager will oversee operations delivered directly by the RMB as well as incubate new offerings delivered by 3rd party providers.
There are two key streams the successful candidate will be required to address in their application.
- A depth of knowledge and experience delivering successful product development and implementation
- Proven experience leading teams in exemplary customer services to visitors
Candidates must be able to illustrate skills, experience and success in the following areas:
- Product development to enhance the year-round experience for visitors at Mt Hotham
- Develop and deliver products, services, activities and events to drive visitation to Mt Hotham
- Create and implement the Visitor Experience Strategy
- Manage and lead the Visitor Services seasonal operations team to deliver visitor services throughout winter
- Manage and build productive relationships with resort businesses and collaborate in product development and enhanced service delivery outcomes
- Experience and success working in tourism or a related sector
Key competencies the RMB seek include:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with peers, team members, business operators and community members
- Diplomacy, discretion and mature judgement
- Ability to develop constructive and proactive professional relationships with current and prospective business operators
- Sophisticated people management and leadership skills to enable exemplary performance from all team members
- Minimum 10 years product development experience in a destination marketing environment
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a diverse team in a complex operating environment
- An interest and/or experience working in alpine environments
For a position description please email email@example.com
Please submit your current resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, addressing the Key Accountability Areas in the position description and why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this role. Mt Hotham RMB is an equal opportunity employer and applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
Mt Hotham RMB supports flexible work arrangements however to be effective in this role the majority of your work will need to be completed at the resort.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are prioritising applications from interested persons who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Applications will be assessed as they are received, and suitable candidates contacted and progressed without delay. If interested, we encourage you to apply promptly and only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further discussion.
If this isn’t the position for you, please tell your friends and colleagues about it.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – EOB Friday 5th November 2021. For an immediate start