Fun for the whole family at Victoria's highest show!
The Omeo & District Show has been a popular fixture in the area since 1885.
Show jumping, horse events, yard dog trials, shearing competition, rides, wood chop, whip cracking comp, pavilion competitions and the Great Alpine Shears competition. Tug-O-Wars - get your team together and raise funds for the CFA. Also RAAF flyover aerobatics.
10 x $10 random prizes for the best checked flannelete shirts.
ABC TV will be filming a 'Back Roads' episode with Heather Ewart.
For the kids:
- Jumping Castles
- Free entry races: Sack, Egg & Spoon, Three legged
- Dunk Tank - make someone splash!
- 'Laser' Skirmish
- Hammer Strike - how strong are you?
- Kids cup cake decorating competition
- Hobby & LEGO - Bring along your own creations, lucky draw prize
- Photography - primary, secondary & open sections.
- Handcrafts & garments - woollen, natural fibres, acrylics, basket-weaving
- Knitting, crochet, patchwork, embroidery & cross-stitch, sewing and more
Gymkhana from 9:00am
Charity Wool Bale - raising money for Helimed, the helicopter ambulance arm of Ambulance Victoria.
The Charity Wool Bale started in 2015 and has raised $47,246 to date. Many Gippsland wool growers donate fleeces which are baled, then auctioned at the Melbourne wool sales. The wool growers, the Show, the wool broker (Elders), the freight company and the buyers all do their bit working together for this worthy charity.
More information and to download the Show booklet: https://www.omeoshow.com.au/