The Snowbird Inn, Mt Hotham is looking for an experienced Manager or Management Team to run operations of our 28 room lodge, in-house bistro and the Bird Cafe.
The 28 room lodge sleeps up to 160 guests in dormitory style rooms with ensuite and shared bathrooms.
The in-house bistro operates for breakfast, lunch and dinner and caters for school groups and guests staying in-house or within one of our partner properties.
The Bird Café operates as a retail café and is open for breakfast and lunch offering fine quality coffee, craft beer, local wines and spirits, with an extensive range of fine quality meals.
The role consists of:
- The delivery and management of WorldStrides school group operations at Mt Hotham. Including greeting groups, handling teacher enquiries, co-ordinating catering and any other specific requirements needed to deliver exceptional service to WorldStrides school groups and guests staying at Mount Hotham Alpine Resort.
- Manage reservations enquiries WorldStrides three snow properties.
- Manage on-site guest enquires for the Snowbird Inn and the Bird Café and online enquiries and reviews for all WorldStrides snow lodges.
- Manage the bistro, operating breakfast, lunch and dinner for in-house school groups and guests, and school groups and guests accommodated at other partner properties throughout Mount Hotham Resort.
- Managing the Bird Café operating for breakfast, lunch, après and special events, ensuring exceptional customer service and quality is delivered to all guests.
- Minimum 2 – 5 snow seasons experience in a similar role.
- Proven background in a management role preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the commitment to go above and beyond and to motivate the staff to do the same.
- Strong ability to manage and lead a team of casual employees.
- Experience with front of house, property management software and point of sale software.
- Proven history in cash and financial management.
- The ability to live on-site during the winter operational months June to September.
The Nitty Gritty
This is a hands on role. It will require immense energy, resilience, patience and attention to detail.
The person or persons must have a capacity to provide leadership to the team across all operational areas of The Snowbird Inn.
The Snowbird Inn team consists of 25 to 30 casually employed staff in peak season, that will be managed by the manager or management team and other supervisor employed into the structure.
The manager or management team will live on site in a self-contained apartment.
The Snowbird Inn is owned by WorldStrides, a global education travel organisation. WorldStrides operates three properties in the Australian Snowfields, two at Falls Creek and one at Mount Hotham, plus they have strategic alliances with other properties across Australian and international snow destinations.
Annually WorldStrides provide 6,500 students the opportunity to participate in amazing alpine learning experiences through our programs.
Our principal focuses:
For further information or to register your interest please forward resume and 3 recent references to email@example.com or contact 0418 101 940.