Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board is a statutory body responsible for managing the Crown Land of Mt Hotham on behalf of the State Government.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced accountant who is hard working, self-motivated and innovative to provide support to the Finance Manager. The Mt Hotham Resort Management Board is seeking a hands on accountant to deliver outcomes for the benefit of stakeholders in a resort situated in the heart of the scenic Victorian high country.
Experience in integration of different software platforms into a central financial system are essential with a preference for a background in local government sector. Strong business analytical skills, effective written communication skills, understanding GAAP and financial controls would have you well placed. You will be an integral team member of the finance department providing support to the Finance Manager. The role will include assistance in training and providing information in areas of procurement, reporting, taxation and compliance matters in a professional and timely manner.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including, budgeting, cashflow forecasting ,ledger reconciliations, job costs reporting and capital works reporting.
- Assistance with preparation and lodgement of all the organisations taxation reporting obligations.
- Assist with processes and reviews over the receivables, payables and payroll functions to ensure compliance with the organisations policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and support with the external and internal audit requirements
- Drive process improvement across the organisation
- 3 - 5 years experience in SME
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- CA/CPA qualification preferable
- Advanced Excel including proficient in formula modelling preferable
- Able to proactively identify risks and issues and able to drive resolutions forwards
- Preferable previous experience with CivicView, MagiQ and Employment Hero software an advantage
The role is based at the Mt Hotham administration office, Hotham Heights.
For a position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN