The exciting Festival celebrates all things backcountry – from human powered winter sports including cross country skiing, snow shoeing, telemark and alpine touring to split boarding. It’s a grassroots, volunteer-run festival for the whole backcountry community.
Supported by Hotham, the Festival is a fantastic opportunity for resort riders and skiers to be introduced to backcountry. It offer tours, clinics, gear demos, and workshops in backcountry skills like navigation, snow camping and avalanche safety.
The program includes:
- An extended speaker’s program, hosted by The General
- A mini film festival featuring Australian made backcountry films
- A strong set of opportunities for splitboard touring
- An outdoor bar in a backcountry location
- 2-day avalanche safety courses (teaching the Canadian AST level 1 curriculum, offered by Alpine Access Australia)
- A three day backcountry camp on the Razorback (Sept 9 – 11) for people who want to test new skills.
Let the adventure continue.
VISIT FESTIVAL WEBSITE