Do you love the snow? Not afraid of a little “extreme weather and fun”? Looking for a challenging yet rewarding role? Wanting that lifestyle change? Working and living within the great Alpine vistas?
We are seeking team spirited, enthusiastic, hardworking, customer focused and fun going individuals to join our family spirited friendly team working at the top of the World on Mt Hotham & Dinner Plain.
You will be required to operate vehicles provided by Alpine Spirit Coaches, in and around Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain in a safe, professional, customer focused and timely manner whilst adhering to the policies and procedures as set out by the company. You are expected to provide ‘Exceptional customer service’ to all guests, staff and residents travelling on any of our services and provide accurate and up to date information to those passengers when requested. Maintaining clean and safe vehicles and equipment is of utmost importance as is daily inspections and reporting. You will be working under the guidance and instruction of a shift supervisor and/or our Mountain Transport Operations Coordinator (MTOC). You will need to be a team player, showing respect to and assisting your fellow co-workers at all times. An aptitude for forward thinking and level headedness under pressure is essential. Other duties may be required at any time.
- Victorian license (HR minimum),
- Ability to legally work in Australia
- Working with Children Check
- Victorian DC endorsement (Can apply to change to a Victorian)
- A clean driving record with a minimum 5 years driving experience of buses or similar industry.
- Snow licence conditions apply to this position. Employment is awarded on achievement of Hazardous Area Authority licence. Prospective candidates will be provided with training course.
- Prior experience driving on snow & ice, and in other harsh weather conditions will be looked upon favourably
- Professional presentation and attitude with proven skills in customer service
- Team Player and respectful to others IS A MUST! This is everything to us!
- Having good old ‘common sense’ with a ‘can do’ attitude towards yourself and your work colleagues.
- Flexible to an ever-changing working environment - our business is growing!
- A Positive attitude in life! --- Life’s to too short!
Conditions and Benefits
- Drivers will be contracted on a rotating 38 hour working week
- Drivers who are living away from home will be accommodated and meals provided in locally based accommodation
- Ongoing ‘on the job’ training including an induction prior to commencement of work
- Course costs for Hazardous Area Authority (on successful completion)
- Full uniform will be provided, including snow gear
- Generous award conditions can be expected
- Opportunity for further employment outside of snow season
- Other benefits currently under negotiations with Mt Hotham Resort Management & stakeholders
All applicants are required to submit a detailed CV (resume), cover letter, copies of licences and accreditations and a minimum of three professional work references and one personal reference. All applicants are to email the above required information to: email@example.com attention to “The Secretary” with the subject line “Mt Hotham Village & Dinner Plain Transit Operator application”
Candidates will be first interviewed in Myrtleford and/or Bright during an agreed date and time sometime during the early part of April. Arrangements may be made for phone or Skype interviews if required.
We are an equal opportunity company that values the importance of all individuals’ choices and preferences in life. Respect for one another, our clients and customers is absolutely paramount and is a trait you must have when employed by Alpine Spirit Coaches.
Alpine Spirit Coaches is a 100% Australian owned and operated Family business based in picturesque Myrtleford & Bright, Gateway to the Alps. We live, work and play in the North East of Victoria. Alpine Spirit Coaches has been awarded with the responsibility of providing industry leading transport services within the Mt Hotham Village and ‘to and from’ Dinner Plain. We have a very high focus on safety, compliance, customer satisfaction and professional attitudes. Alpine Spirit Coaches provides Educational Touring - Australia wide, Seniors tours, Wedding transport, Local area and Winery tours and much more. We also operate the longest and most creditable Direct Route bus service to Mt Hotham, the Snowball Express - Mt Hotham Bus, delivering visitors to the snowfields from Melbourne and all over Australia. PLUS, school group snow transfers, private transfers and our Alpine Luxury 4WD Tours for that unique snow travel experience at the highest personal level available. We have many years of experience working in high risk hazardous and alpine conditions where the safety of employees, visitors, equipment and practices are paramount. Alpine Spirit Coaches is a dynamic, ever expanding company with a strong team ethic providing employees with an exciting and rewarding career. We have a fresh, youthful, young at heart approach and belief.