Do you love the snow? Not afraid of a little extreme weather and fun? Looking for a challenging yet rewarding role? Wanting that lifestyle change? Working and living within the great Alpine vistas?
We are seeking team spirited, enthusiastic, hardworking, customer focused and fun going individuals to join our friendly team working at the top of the world at Mt Hotham.
You will be required to drive vehicles provided by Alpine Spirit Coaches, in and around Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain in a safe, professional, customer focused and timely manner whilst adhering to the policies and procedures as set out by the company. You are expected to provide ‘exceptional customer service’ to all guests, staff and residents travelling on any of our services and provide accurate and up to date information to those passengers when requested. Maintaining clean and safe vehicles and equipment is of utmost importance as is daily inspections and reporting.
You will be working under the guidance and instruction of our Transport Operations Coordinator. You will need to be a team player, showing respect to and assisting your fellow co-workers at all times. An aptitude for forward thinking and level headedness under pressure is essential. Other duties may be required at any time.
- Victorian license (HR minimum)
- Ability to work in Australia legally
- Working with Children Check
- DC endorsement
- A clean driving record with a minimum 5 years driving experience of buses or similar industry
- Snow licence conditions apply to this position. Employment is awarded on achievement of Hazardous Area Authority licence. Prospective candidates will be provided with training course
- Prior experience driving on snow and ice, and in other harsh weather conditions will be looked upon favourably
- Professional presentation and attitude with proven skills in customer service
- Team Player and respectful to others is a must!
- Having good old ‘common sense’ with a ‘can do’ attitude towards yourself and your work colleagues
- Flexible to an ever changing working environment -our business is growing!
- A positive attitude in life!
Conditions and Benefits
- Drivers will be contracted on a rotating 38 hour working week
- Drivers who are living away from home will be accommodated and meals provided in locally based accommodation
- Ongoing on the job training including an induction prior to commencement of work
- Course costs for Hazardous Area Authority (on successful completion)
- Full uniform will be provided, including snow gear
- Generous award conditions can be expected
- Opportunity for further employment outside of snow season
- Other benefits currently under negotiations with Mt Hotham Resort Management & stakeholders
All applicants are required to submit a detailed CV (resume), cover letter, copies of licences and accreditations and a minimum of three professional work references and one personal reference.
All applicants are to email the above required information to email@example.com attention to “The Secretary” with the subject line “Mt Hotham Village & Dinner Plain Transit Operator application”
Candidates will be first interviewed in Myrtleford and/or Bright starting on Tuesday 2nd April 2019. Arrangements may be made for phone or Skype interviews if required.
We are an equal opportunity company that values the importance of all individuals’ choices and preferences in life. Respect for one another, our clients and customers is absolutely paramount.
We live, work and play in the North East of Victoria. Alpine Spirit Coaches has recently been awarded with the responsibility of providing industry leading transport services within the Mt Hotham Village and to and from Dinner Plain. We have a very high focus on safety, compliance, customer satisfaction and professional attitudes.
We are a local, family owned and operated company based in picturesque Myrtleford, the gateway to the Alps. Alpine Spirit Coaches provides educational touring Australia wide, seniors tours, wedding transport, local area and winery tours and much more. We also operate the longest and most creditable direct route bus service to Mt Hotham, the Snowball Express - Mt Hotham Bus, delivering visitors to the snowfields from Melbourne and all over Australia.
PLUS, school group snow transfers, private transfers and our Alpine Luxury 4WD Tours for that unique snow travel experience at the highest personal level available. We have years of experience working in high risk hazardous and alpine conditions where the safety of employees, visitors, equipment and practices are paramount. Alpine Spirit Coaches is a dynamic, ever expanding company with a strong team ethic providing employees with an exciting and rewarding career. We have a fresh, youthful, young at heart approach and belief. We introduce change, others follow!
Become part of our team in delivering that unique snow travel experience that only Alpine Spirit Coaches can deliver.
Find out more: www.alpinespiritcoaches.com.au
“Work with the best to become the best at what you do…”