Kids Group Lessons
The Big D is the home of the Kids Snowzone and the place where kids have fun!
The Big D Kids Snowzone
Located next to the Big D chairlift, the Kids Snowzone features a huge variety of lessons programs, activities, fun games and of course lots of snowplay! Children from as young as 3 years old can participate in group snowsports lessons. The Snowzone is staffed by a range of qualified instructors that are dedicated to ensuring your kids have a great time. Group participation is also encouraged, meaning that the Snowzone is the perfect place to make new friends!
What do I need to know for my child's snowsports lesson?
For everything you need to know about lesson programs, which one your child belongs in, how to book, where to meet, what time, plus a handy lesson checklist, see this guide to your child's lessons.
(3-5 years skiing only)
Kids can explore the world of snow all while making friends and learning to ski in a fun environment. The program encourages kids and helps to build their self-confidence on snow, creating a positive skiing experience.
(6-14 years skiing and 7-14 years snowboarding)
Our experienced professionals will share their passion for skiing and snowboarding, and kids will enjoy learning new skills and perfecting existing skills, all while making new friends.
Prices - Lesson + lift pass (Mighty Mites & Kids Klub)
|Lesson & lift pass||1/2 Day Program||Full Day^ Program|
|5 of 7 Day||$541||$732|
|6 of 8 Day||$624||$847|
|7 of 9 Day||$700||$929|
Prices - Lesson only (Kids Klub only)
|Kids Lesson Only*||1/2 Day Lesson Only
||Full Day^ Lesson Only
|5 of 7 Day||$374||$554|
|6 of 8 Day||$448||$664|
|7 of 9 Day||$523||$774|
*Lesson only tickets for KIDS KLUB (6-14yrs) are only available with a VALID lift ticket/Snow Pass Card. Lesson only tickets are not available for the Mighty Mites program.
^ Full Day programs are only available from 25 June to 11 September 2016. Half day programs are available for the entire season.
- All 2 day through 4 day group lessons are valid for consecutive days. 5 of 7; 6 of 8 and 7 of 9 day lesson products allow for rest days
- FREE skiing is available from 1pm on the day prior to commencement when a 5 or more day ticket is purchased
- 1 Day through 4 Day Tickets can be collected from 3.00pm the day prior to commencement and are valid for use from this time
Please note: the kids klub program does not offer group Snowboard lessons to children 6 years and under. Please refer to our Burton Riglet program for 3 – 6 year old snowboarding.
Child Learn to Ski and Board Program
(6-14 years skiing and 7 to 14 years snowboarding)
This program is designed for first time skiers and boarders. Our one day program includes:
- Includes: Lift Pass access to learner ski areas/chairlifts
- Lesson times: 9.30am - 12.30pm 3 hours duration
- Price: $155
- Bookings: are not required for these lessons and they cannot be purchased online. Please arrive at the Big D at 9am-9.30am for registration and pay on the day. You will also need to complete the 6-14 Kids Klub skiing/boarding registration tag.
Burton Riglet Program 1/2 day
(3-6 years) - Snowboarding only
The Burton Riglet program is aimed at getting younger kids (age 3-6) out on a snowboard having fun. Our Burton Riglet park uses natural features to aid young riders to develop balance on their snowboard and progress towards entering our kids klub program when 7 years old. Lessons are in the afternoon and the package includes Riglet equipment.
Meeting place: Riglets meet for lessons inside the Big D on the bottom level
Time: Arrive at the Riglets area inside the Big D between 1:15pm and 1:30pm to sign your child in
Lessons run from 1.30pm – 3.30pm, pick up inside the Big D building
Cost: Lesson and rental half day program TBC
Rental equipment: Collect from Hotham Sports @ Hotham Central or Hotham Sports @ Jack Frost.
*Burton Riglet boards must be used for this program
Does my Child require a helmet?
Yes. All children must wear an approved helmet during snowsports lessons; these are available free with any rental from any, Hotham Sports rental shop and must be picked up BEFORE the lesson. It is also highly recommended that children wear a helmet outside of lesson
More kids lesson options
5 or 10 DAY ANY DAY – Mighty Mites & Kids Klub, Full Day Programs
Planning on putting your kid into the Kids Snowzone Full Day Program multiple times but want the flexibility to choose your days? Then the '5 Day Any Day' or '10 Day Any Day'programs are for you! These passes are valid for any 5 or 10 days of the season - you can choose the days you wish to ski!
Please note that the Full Day programs are only available from 25 June to 11 September 2016.
|Lift + Lesson|
|5 Day Any Day||$769|
|10 Day Any Day||$1,537|
Daycare Skiing Programs
If your little ones are a little too young for Mighty Mites but you want to get them onto the slopes for a test run, Hotham Day Care offers an Introduction to Ski Program* from $204 per child for one day. Please visit Day Care for further details.
Give your kids a private lesson tailored perfectly to suit their needs, with one-on-one tuition from one of our Snowsports professionals. Private lessons are available for even the smallest child.
Harry the Snowdragon
Hotham's friendly mascot Harry the Snowdragon lives at the Kids Snowzone and is on standby to make sure your child has the best snow holiday!
See Harry as he roams around the resort - you might even get a chance to ski or snowboard with him!
Check out Harry as he hits the stage with loads of family fun & games – the perfect warm-up to night skiing! His show is FREE for everyone and takes place every Wednesday and Saturday from 4pm at the Big D Kids Snowzone.
- Registrations: you cannot pre-book places in Mighty Mites or Kids Klub programs. There is a DAILY REGISTRATION for both programs which closes at 9.30am. If you arrive during the registration times we can guarantee you a spot in a class. If you are late we do try our best to accommodate your child but we cannot guarantee that there will be room in the program
- Please be aware that purchasing your lesson does not reserve you a place in our programs
- Helmets: Accredited ski or snowboard helmets are compulsory for all participants in snowsports lessons
- FAQ: Please see our FAQ for Parents which may help answer some common queries.
Contact the Big D Kids Snowzone
|Phone||03 5759 4451|