Kids Group Lessons
The Big D is the home of the¬†Hotham Kids Ski and Ride School¬†and the place where kids have fun!
The Big D Kids Ski and Ride School
Located next to the Big D chairlift, the Kids¬†Ski and Ride School¬†features a huge variety of lessons programs, activities, fun games and of course lots of snowplay! Children from as young as 3 years old¬†can participate in group snowsports lessons. The Hotham¬†Kids Ski and Ride School¬†is staffed by a range of qualified instructors that are dedicated to ensuring your kids have a great time. Group participation is also encouraged, meaning that the Snowzone is the perfect place to make new friends!
What do I need to know for my child's Ski & Ride lesson?
For everything you need to know about¬†lesson programs, which one your child belongs in, how to book, where to meet, what time, plus a handy lesson checklist, see this guide to your child's lessons.
(3-5 years skiing only)
Kids can explore the world of snow all while making friends and learning to ski in a fun environment. ¬†The program encourages kids to build their self-confidence on snow, creating a positive skiing experience. ¬†With small class sizes and extra indoor staff roster on to assist, helps to maximise the Mites Mites experience.
|¬†||1/2 Day Program||Full Day^ Program|
|1 Day||$127||Returning 2017|
|2 Day||$240||Returning 2017|
|3 Day||$348||Returning 2017|
|4 Day||$449||Returning 2017|
|5 of 7¬†Day||$541||Returning 2017|
|6 of 8 Day||$624||Returning 2017|
|7 of 9 Day||$700||Returning 2017|
¬†All lessons products are loaded onto an RFID Snowpass card please add $5.00 to the price if you do not have one of these.
(6-14 years skiing and 7-14 years snowboarding)¬†
Our experienced professionals will share their passion for skiing and snowboarding, and kids will enjoy learning new skills and perfecting existing skills, all while making new friends. ¬†
|¬†||1/2 Day Program||Full Day^ Program|
|¬†||Lift & Lesson||*Lesson Only||Lift & Lesson¬†||¬†*Lesson Only||
Child Hero Pass Holder
|1 Day||¬†$127||$77||Returning 2017|
|2 Day||$240¬†||$149||Returning 2017|
|3 Day||$348¬†||$224||Returning 2017|
|4 Day||$449¬†||$299||Returning 2017|
|5 of 7¬†Day||$541¬†||$374||Returning 2017|
|6 of 8 Day||$624¬†||$448||Returning 2017|
|7 of 9 Day||$700¬†||$523||Returning 2017|
All Lift and Lessons are loaded onto an RFID Snowpass card please add $5.00 to the price if you do not have one of these.
*Lesson only¬†tickets for KIDS CLUB (6-14yrs) are only available with a¬†VALID lift ticket/Snow Pass Card. Lesson only tickets are not available for the Mighty Mites program. ¬†This product cannot be purchased online.
^ Full Day programs are only available from 25 June to 11 September 2016. Half day programs¬†are available for the entire season.
- All 2 day through 4 day group lessons are valid for consecutive days. 5 of 7; 6 of 8 and 7 of 9 day lesson products allow for rest days
- FREE skiing¬†is available¬†from 1pm on the day prior to commencement when a 5 or more day ticket is purchased
- FREE skiing is available from 3pm on the day prior to commencment when a 1 Day through 4 Day Ticket is purchased
Please note: the kids club program does not offer group Snowboard lessons to children 6 years and under. Please refer to our Burton Riglet program for 3 ‚Äď 6 year old snowboarding (see below)
More kids lesson options
5 or 10 DAY ANY DAY ‚Äď Mighty Mites & Kids Klub, Full Day Programs
Planning on putting your kid into the Kids¬†Ski and Ride School¬†Full Day Program multiple times but want the flexibility to choose your days? Then the '5 Day Any Day' or '10 Day Any Day'programs¬†are for you! These passes¬†are valid for any 5 or 10 days of the season - you can choose the days you wish to ski!¬†
Please note that the Full Day programs are only available from¬†25 June to 11 September 2016.
Might Mites & Kids Klub Program
|Kids Klub Program
|Kids Klub Program
Child Hero Pass Holder only - Lesson Only
*Must have RFID Snowpass card at time of purchase
|5 Day any Day||Returning 2017|
|10 Day any Day||Returning 2017|
Give your kids a private lesson tailored¬†perfectly to suit their needs, with one-on-one tuition from one of our Snowsports professionals. ¬†Private lessons¬†are available for even the smallest child.
Child Learn to Ski and Board Program
(6-14 years skiing and 7 to 14 years snowboarding)
This program is designed for first time skiers and boarders. Our one day program includes:
- Includes:¬†Lift Pass access to learner ski areas/chairlifts
- Lesson times:¬†9.30am - 12.30pm 3 hours duration¬†
- Bookings:¬†are not required for these lessons however you can save time and purhcase online. Please arrive at the Big D at 9am-9.30am for registration and pay on the day. You will also need to complete the 6-14 Kids Klub skiing/boarding registration tag.
Burton Riglet Program
(3-6 years) - Snowboarding only
The Burton Riglet program is aimed at getting younger kids (age 3-6) out on a snowboard having fun. Our Burton Riglet park uses natural features to aid young riders to develop balance on their snowboard and progress towards entering our Kids Club program when 7 years old. Lessons are in the afternoon and the package includes Riglet equipment.¬†
Meeting place:¬†Ski & Ride School Hotham Central
Cost:¬†$200 includes 90 minute Private lesson and Rental Equipment
Rental equipment:¬†Collect from Hotham Sports @ Hotham Central or Hotham Sports @ Jack Frost.¬†
*Burton Riglet boards must be used for this program¬†
Bookings:¬†Are required, contact Hotham Ski & Ride School locatd in Hotham Central¬†
Phone:¬†03 5759 4450
Does my Child require a helmet?¬†
Yes. All children must wear an approved helmet during snowsports lessons; these are available free with any rental from any, Hotham Sports rental shop and must be picked up BEFORE the lesson. It is also highly recommended that children wear a helmet outside of lesson
The Kids Ski and Ride School at the Big D can cater for a full range of allergies and dietary needs. In order for us to be able to achieve this we need some cooperation from our parents.
The Big D is a nut free zone.¬†
If your child has an allergy:
- State this on the registration form
- Sign in any medication and an action/management plan to the front desk
If your child has an allery:
- Fill in an allergy tag at registation
- Write the information on a the registation tag
- Levels 1-3 hand in any medication and an action/management plan to the front desk
- Levels 4-6 hand any medication and your action/management plan to your instructor
Daycare Skiing Programs
If your little ones are a little too young for Mighty Mites but you want to get them onto the slopes for a test run,¬†Hotham Day Care offers an¬†Introduction to Ski Program* from $204 per child for one day. Please visit Day Care¬†for further details.
Harry the Snowdragon
Hotham's friendly mascot Harry the Snowdragon lives at the¬†Big D¬†and is on standby to make sure your child has the best snow holiday!
See Harry as he roams around the resort - you might even get a chance to ski or snowboard with him!
Check out Harry as he hits the stage with loads of family fun & games ‚Äď the perfect warm-up to night skiing! His show is FREE for everyone and takes place every Wednesday and Saturday from 4pm¬†at the Big D¬†Kids Ski and Ride School.
Harrys' Birthday Party is at 4pm¬†Wednesday 29th June at the Big D. Come join us for a slice of Birthday cake and some fun and games. Come and get your invitations from guest services at Hotham Central or the Big D. This will be Harrys' first show of the season.¬†
Harrys' Birthday Party is for children aged 3-10 years old. Children under 3 must be accompanied by an adult
- Registrations:¬†you cannot¬†pre-book places in Mighty Mites or Kids Club programs.¬†There is a DAILY REGISTRATION for both programs which closes at 9.30am.¬†If you arrive during the registration times we can¬†guarantee you a spot in a class. If you are¬†late we do try our best to accommodate your child but we¬†cannot guarantee¬†that there will be room in the program
- Please be aware that purchasing your lesson does not reserve you a place in our programs
- Helmets:¬†Accredited ski or snowboard helmets are compulsory for all participants in snowsports lessons
- FAQ: ¬†Please see our¬†FAQ for Parents¬†which may help answer some common queries.
Contact the Big D Kids Ski and Ride School
|Phone||03 5759 4451|