Work type: Full time position
Location: Hotham Heights Victoria
Department: Property Planning & Development
Mt Hotham is Victoria’s premier alpine resort offering a range of year-round tourism experiences and services that attract and sustain a mountain community of businesses, visitors, staff and residents. Mt Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (RMB) is the government authority responsible for the operation, promotion and development of resort, which is situated on Crown Land.
The RMB is currently looking to drive Mt Hotham through a new period of growth, revitalizing the mountain offering by stimulating private and public investment in new resort development. To spearhead these efforts, the organisation is looking to appoint a new member to its senior leadership team in the role of Property, Planning and Development Director.
The Director will be responsible for overseeing the leasing and planning function of the RMB – a core deliverable and primary revenue stream of the organization - along with proactively seeking opportunities to strategically develop the resort. Such efforts are anticipated to optimize the resort’s strong winter visitation and foster effective green season growth.
The successful candidate will be experienced in navigating the complex government leasing and planning landscape, but also commercially savvy and capable of identifying new development opportunities. You will be proactive, a strong negotiator and capable of effectively engaging with a broad spectrum of stakeholders to deliver positive resort outcomes. Enjoy the reward of making your mark on a resort that is primed for growth!
- Manage a small team to ensure the efficient and effective administration of Crown Land leases, and associated licensing, permit, registration and compliance matters.
- Manage strategic, complex and/or contentious leasing, planning and development issues on behalf of the RMB to achieve strong outcomes for the organisation, resort and stakeholders.
- Identify and scope new development opportunities across the resort and establish innovative and commercial partnerships capable of bringing them to fruition.
- Work across a broad stakeholder base to implement key concepts within the Mt Hotham Masterplan, delivering a new period of revitalization and growth across the resort
- Experience with leasing and planning within a Government/land manager context
- Experience securing or facilitating commercial partnerships associated with significant developments
- Strategic thinker capable of interpreting an audacious vision into a deliverable reality
- Ability to analyse and interpret relevant legislative frameworks including Acts, ordinances, rules and regulations and leading obligations.
- Effective in developing and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance the RMB’s strategic objectives
- Experience managing multiskilled teams in the provision of property and planning services
Please submit your current resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role to email@example.com
For a position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this role. Mt Hotham RMB is an equal opportunity employer and applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
Mt Hotham RMB supports flexible work arrangements, however to be effective in this role you will primarily work at the resort.
Applications will be assessed as they are received, and suitable candidates contacted and progressed without delay. If interested, we encourage you to apply promptly and only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further discussion.
If this isn’t the position for you, please tell your friends and colleagues about it!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 31st January, 2021 - For an immediate start