Peaks Challenge Falls Creek is a 235km loop ride starting at Falls Creek and riding up Tawonga Gap, Mount Hotham and through Omeo before heading up the back of Falls Creek.
Run by Bicycle Network, the event is a highlight on Australia's racing calendar.
Peaks Challenge Falls Creek will be travelling through the North East Region on Sunday 7 March, and as a result there will be changed traffic conditions in place including full road closures. The treatments, which take into consideration the safety of all road users, have been implemented following extensive consultation with the Council, VicRoads and Victoria Police.
Full road closures:
- Great Alpine Road (Harrietville South to Hotham Heights Bridge): 8am – 1pm
- Bogong High Plains Road: 5:30am – 9am
- Tawonga Gap Road: 6:30am – 10:30am
- Bogong High Plains Road (Omeo Highway at Shannonvale to Falls Creek Village): 8am – 6:30pm
- Great Alpine Road - Germantown to Omeo
- Kiewa Valley Highway - Mt Beauty
- Omeo Highway - Omeo to Shannonvale
For more information, contact Bicycle Network on (03) 8376 8888, or refer to the event information on their website.