Shamrock Ski Club Manager
The Shamrock Ski Club Manager is appointed by the Board of Directors on an annual basis to manage the lodge over the ski season, from opening weekend to the official closing date, or when the club secretary determines that bookings have ceased.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of how the lodge functions as an attractive accommodation venue for paying guests and unit owners and assist them in having an enjoyable and safe experience at the lodge.
- The position is tasked to protect the assets of the lodge on behalf of the club and keep all amenities in good working order for the benefit of the guests and owners.
- Applicants should have previous experience in hospitality.
- Guest interaction and customer service are fundamental to this role.
- The Shamrock Ski Club Manager is required to be in attendance for the total season. The Shamrock Ski Club Manager must check with the President or Club Secretary if they wish to leave the mountain on any occasion.
- Self-contained manager accommodation is provided.
1. Manage the entry of guests
Ensure all guests and unit owners are warmly welcomed on behalf of the Shamrock Ski Club, on a timely basis, and are then directed to the assigned accommodation, where their bond will be collected and they are briefed on the amenities, security, guest obligations and made aware of the club rules.
2. Linen Service
Ensure all guests' linen bookings are ready for their arrival. All linen is to be kept laundered and cleaned to a commercial level by the club manager throughout the ski season.
3. Effective check out of guests
The Club Manager ensures all guests and unit owners exit by the standard check-out time, remove all their belongings, leave the unit in a clean and tidy state, and also check their eligibility for the return of their bond by the booking agency.
4. Maintain lodge assets and make sure operating facilities are in good working order
Ensure all lodge facilities such as common areas, power, heating, water, washing machines, drying machines etc. are maintained neatly and in good working order for the comfort and usage of guests and unit owners.
5. Prudent financial management
Ensure all monetary responsibilities are handled responsibly and with integrity so that the lodge operates during the season within budget parameters.
6. Safety and risk management
Ensure the Shamrock Ski Club operates within all safety and regulatory compliance guidelines, as well as club policy and rules, to protect the safety and welfare of all guests, as well as the appointed manager.
7. Shamrock Ski Club Representation
In the absence of Shamrock Ski Club officials, the club manager may be asked to represent the club’s interest in mountain management issues during the season.
8. Communication and end of season reporting
The Club Manager assists the club to understand all aspects of customer response and lodge issues during the ski season to assist policy development and decision making.
For more information and to apply for this position, please email email@example.com.
- About Hotham