Mt Hotham ACCESS AND PARKING STRATEGY and PARKING PRECINCT PLAN - DISCUSSION DRAFT – 25 FEBRUARY 2005
Ensuring adequate provision is made at the Resort for both short-term and long-term parking is a major consideration for future development. The provision of on-site car parking in association with accommodation is limited due to shortage of flat land. On-site parking will increase pedestrian and skier safety as it reduces vehicle movements within the Resort. It will also reduce the demand for converting undeveloped Alpine land into broadacre parking areas.
Access to and within the Resort is a critical issue during the winter snow season. The current shared use of GAR by skiers, pedestrians and vehicles creates conflict and reduces the efficiency of traffic flow. The proposed GAR relocations at Hotham Village and Davenport are to improve vehicle access and circulation and pedestrian/skier safety. The movement of skiers from the Village to davenport will be improved by a new off-road skier access trail / path.
The document below is the Mt Hotham ACCESS AND PARKING STRATEGY and PARKING PRECINCT PLAN - DISCUSSION DRAFT – 25 FEBRUARY 2005. The draft paper outlines issues, objectives and strategies for improving parking within the resort. A public meeting will be held in Melbourne on Wednesday 18th May 2005, involving the key stakeholders including the Chamber of Commerce, HSA, Head Lessees and Sub Lessees to discuss the ACCESS AND PARKING STRATEGY and PARKING PRECINCT PLAN.
The meeting will be held at the Saville on Russell, Russell St, Melbourne, from 8pm – 10pm. You are invited to have two representatives attend the meeting. Please confirm your attendance to Jessica Rose on 03 5759 3550 or email@example.com by Wednesday 11th May 2005.
Written submission will be accepted by the Mt Hotham Resort management Board until the 30th June 2005. Following the closing date, the Board will consider submissions, form a view, and make a recommendation to the Minister for the plan to go to formal exhibition.
Written submissions should be forwarded to: Jessica Rose, Planning Officer, Mt Hotham Resort Management, PO Box 188, Bright, VIC 3741.
- About Hotham
- Stats & Facts
- Area History
- Guest Services
- Business Directory
- Revegetation / Alpine Nursery
- Real Estate
- Strategic Partners
- Who Are We
- Stakeholder Information
- Lease Renewal Business Plan Template & Cash Flow Template
- Executive Briefing for Head Lessees - 31st March 2009
- Executive Briefing for Head Lessees - 27th March 2007
- Executive Briefing for Head Lessees 27 March 2007
- Panel Report for the C17 Amendment
- Green Light for $500 Million Mt Hotham Redevelopment
- Keep Winter Cool
- Amendment C17 and Planning Permit Application - RMB Submissions
- Community Emergency Risk Management Workbook
- Lodge Managers Meeting, Saturday 17th June 2006
- Stakeholder Meeting, Opening Weekend Sunday 11th June 2006
- Executive Briefing for Head Lessees - 22nd Feb 2006
- Fire Sprinkler Retrofit - RIS on New Building Regulations 2006 Submission
- Fire Sprinkler Retrofit - RIS on New Building Regulations 2006
- Environmental Protection Agency - Ecological Footprint
- Wastewater Reuse Project Community Funding Contribution
- Retrofitting Fire Sprinklers to Accommodation Buildings
- Notice of Fox Poisoning Program Using Foxoff® Baits
- Findings of Independent Probity Audit into Alleged Conflict of Interest Issues
- Waste Water Recycling makes Hotham Snow Making Sustainable
- Alpine Nursery Business will Continue to Blossom
- Feral Predator Control Program - Update 24/07/05
- Snow Clearing Higgi Drive, Hotham Village
- Mt Hotham ACCESS AND PARKING STRATEGY and PARKING PRECINCT PLAN - DISCUSSION DRAFT – 25 FEBRUARY 2005
- Bushfire Risk Reduction Works Timetable
- Feral Predator Control Program - Update 02/12/04
- Call 000 now for all fire emergency calls
- Hard Waste Collection for Mt Hotham Resort 2004
- Victorian Alpine Resorts Combine Efforts to Improve Water Quality in the High Country
- Fire Risk Reduction
- Board Members