When driving to the snow it is important that you ensure you are prepared for the varied conditions that you may encounter.
The Great Alpine Road
The Great Alpine Road runs from Wangaratta in the north of Victoria, to Bairnsdale in the south - and Hotham lies in the centre.
Driving distances and approximate times
- Melbourne to Wangaratta252km/2.5 hours
- Wangaratta to Harrietville101km/1.2 hours
- Harrietville to Mount Hotham 32km/35 mins. (summer road conditions)
- Melbourne to Bairnsdale282km/3.25 hours
- Bairnsdale to Omeo121km/1.5 hours
- Omeo to Mount Hotham Airport34km/30 mins. (summer road conditions)
- Mount Hotham Airport to Mount Hotham25km/20 mins. (summer road conditions)
A Resort Entry fee is applicable to all motor vehicles and passengers of coaches and taxis entering all Victorian Ski Resorts during the declared snow season ( 8 June to 29 September 2013).
Day permits can be purchased via Alpine Easy Access prior to arriving at Hotham . Season Entry Permits are also available and provide great value if you are planning to visit the resort for an extended period of time. Please take the time to consider which option offers the best value for you.
Please make sure you have a safe and enjoyable trip to and from your holiday this season.
If you have any further questions please call Mt Hotham Resort Management Board on 03 5759 3550.