30cm of snow has fallen since this latest storm came in aroundÂ 10pm on Sunday 8 May. The biggest day of falls was on Wednesday and it is snowing again intermittently now.
Snow has been seen down to 700m and the ground is VERY cold. It is currently -6.6 degrees windchill and Hotham has this week experienced the coldest May temperatures on record since 2000. There are cold temp records being set around the country and Hotham is part of that too!
More snow is forecast to fall through to Saturday and cold temperatures are foreseeable for the next week.
With onlyÂ 29 sleeps until the snow season opens and onlyÂ 19 sleeps until the start of winter, this early snow is proving to be quite exciting with keen folk dragging out toboggans, snowboards, skis and really, anything that slides!
12 May 2011
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update