Four lifts for opening weekend
With the ideal snowmaking conditions and the excellent effort from Mother Nature in the past week, we are thrilled to have openedÂ four lifts this weekendÂ including the Summit Quad Chairlift, Big D Quad Chairlift, Summit Trainer Poma and Upper Playground Double Chairlift. This is the most lifts that we have had operating on an opening weekendÂ in 12 yearsÂ â our best year since 2000!
To celebrate the season opening, $5 from every Adult Lift Only pass sold this weekend will be donated to Merlin Entertainment Groupâs own global childrenâs charity, âMerlinâs Magic Wandâ. Merlin is Hotham Alpine Resortâs new owner.
Merlinâs Magic Wand is a global childrenâs charity, aiming to provide magical experiences for those who are seriously ill, disabled or disadvantaged.Â At Hotham we hope that the funds raised may assist some of these children to access our beautiful resort this winter to enjoy a skiing or snowplay experience. The funds also go towards transport for the children to Merlin attractions.
Opening Weekend lift passÂ prices are:
1 DAY LIFT ONLY
Adult: $49 â with $5 from every ticket to be donated to Merlinâs Magic Wand
* Kids 5 and under ski free when accompanied by a paying adultÂ
To celebrate the start of the Snow Australia Learn to Ski & Board Month, Hotham is offering great deals for beginner lessonsâŚ
1 DAY LEARN TO SKI (LIFT & LESSON)
Snowsports Lessons are available for levels 1 to level 3 from the Hotham Central Snowsports Centre for adults & youthsÂ at 10am, with additional beginner adult lessons at 1.30pm.Â Children's lessonsÂ are available atÂ the Big D, Kids Snowzone from 9.15am for half day programs only.
Equipment hire is available from Hotham Sports @ Hotham Central and Zirky's, as well as Hotham Sports at Harrietville which will be open for chain hire from Friday at 12pm.
Wax your skis or board, put the antifreeze in the car and head on upÂ to makeÂ the first turns of the 2012 snow season!
Image: Tickets being scanned with our new mobile scanners, part of the RTP system that has been implemented for 2012 to enable streamlined purchases and on-mountain operation
08 June 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update