Three lifts open this weekend!
Opening Weekend is just around the corner and do we have exciting news for you! Three lifts will run this weekend, following 30cm of snowfall in the last week with further snowfalls forecast in the lead up to Saturday.Â
Hothamâ€™s snowmaking team has been working hard and to date has produced over 40,000 cubic metres of snow â€“ and the snowguns are still going!
The Big D, Summit Trainer and Playground (to mid load) will open on Saturday â€“ with one day lift tickets at $49 ($24 for a child or $39 youth). Snowsports lessons will be available for those who would like a reminder to find their form and those starting from scratch!
Off the slopes, there is plenty to see and do at Hotham and Dinner Plain over Opening Weekend.
A number of Australiaâ€™s most reputable chefs and foodies including Frank Camorra (MoVida Restaurant), Lisa Parker (Conviction Kitchen), Matt Germanchis (new Melbourne restaurant Pandoraâ€™s Box), Richard Thomas (Cheesemaker) and Michael Ryan (Beechworthâ€™s Provenance) will visit the high country to showcase their culinary talents in a sensational line-up of fine food and wine events. See visitdinnerplain.com for more details.
If youâ€™re an early bird, come down to the Big D on Saturday from 6.45am and wave to your friends back home â€“ weâ€™ll be crossing live to theÂ Sunrise crew for the weekendâ€™s weather updates.Â
Harry the Snowdragon will emerge from hibernation to perform his first show of season at the Big D at 4pm on Saturday. Heâ€™ll also visit the CFA fire trucks and pose for photos and autographs on Saturday and Sunday.
Fireworks will light up the night sky in Dinner Plain from 7pm on Sunday night (weather permitting).
Live music, happy hours and football on big screens will be happening all over the resort â€“ all in the name of celebrating season 2011.
Image: Village Chair covered in snow and iceÂ on Wednesday
08 June 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update