Aussie athletes upping the ante overseas
Australian athletes are putting Australian Winter Sports on the map with strong performances and results in the Northern Hemisphere Winter competitions.
Slopestyle skier Anna Segal won Australia’s first medal at this year’s Winter X Games in Aspen, USA, grabbing third place in the women’s Slopestyle. Russ Henshaw finished in fifth place in the men’s Slopestyle event, showing amazing progression since his injury at the end of last season.
Jenny Owens finished on the podium for Ski-X at the X-Games, winning herself third place in one of the best performances of her career. Over at the World Cup at Blue Mountain, Canada, Sami Kennedy-Sim enjoyed a World Cup career best performance, finishing fifth in the Ski-X.
Brittany Cox won Australia’s first ever women’s Word Cup moguls medal when she placed third in the single moguls event in Deer Valley, USA. Hot on her heels, Aussies Nicole Parks came in at 13th and Taylah O’Neill finished 24th. It looks as though Women’s moguls skiing in Australia has a very bright future!
Australian aerial skiers, Laura Peel and Samantha Wells are both nudging the podium with fourth and fifth finished in World Cup events in Deer Valley and Calgary.
There was impressive Aussie success at the Nor-Am events held at Big White, Canada. SBX athlete Andy Fisher scored second place on day two, the first podium position of his career. Hotham’s own Belle Brockhoff also achieved outstanding results, finishing third on day two.
The inaugural Youth Winter Olympic Games in Innsbruck, Austria recently wrapped up with great results. The Aussie team brought home two bronze medals – a fantastic achievement! Hotham’s Harry Laidlaw and Greta Small proudly represented their home mountain as well as their country, as we all followed their incredible performances.
Image: Harry Laidlaw
07 February 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update