The recent snowfalls have been fantastic for the 2012 snow season so far, allowing Gotcha, Keogh’s and Orchard to open 6 days earlier than last year and over a month earlier than the year before. The current average natural snow depth is 88cm and even more in snowmaking areas. The snowdepth in 2010 did not reach 88cm until August 18 so we’re looking fantastic for this time of year.
We’re expecting glorious blue skies for the weekend before the next snowstorm settles in on Monday. There are predictions of 10 – 25cm of fresh snow to fall during the first half of next week so fingers crossed the whole mountain will be open to play on very soon.
We have a whole range of fun activities in store next week for the kids to get involved in during their second week of school holidays. Colour in your favourite Snowdragon, Harry to win a fantastic Hotham prize pack! Play board games, mini golf, football and Frisbee to your heart’s content, any day of the week and have fun with Nintendo Wii games on Monday and Tuesday evenings to win some cool prizes. Make teams and answer some fun questions at Trivia on Tuesday night and a Treasure Hunt on Wednesday will keep the kids entertained all day long. There’s so much more to do all week so check out the full school holiday schedule here.
To welcome the snow and the opening of the
Enjoy kids snowmobile rides at the top of the Big D, Sparkling Sunset Tours presented by Brown Brothers, First Tracks on
Purchase a 5 day lift pass through the Hotham eStore before 5pm tomorrow and you’ll enjoy 5 fantastic days on the slopes for just $75 per day. This 5 day lift pass is valid for use between 16 and 27 July.
06 July 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update