Great Alpine Rd Access Arrangements
VicRoads Media Release
5 March 2013
VicRoads is opening the Great Alpine Road after clearing the initial slip sites for the Labour Day long weekend. Restricted access times will apply for several weeks while further slip repair and tree clearing works progress.
Access times are as follows:
Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 March
Open 7am – 9am and 4.30pm – 6.30pm for permit holders only (residents and business owners)
Friday 8 March
Open 7am – 9am and 2pm – 7pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Saturday 9 March – Monday 11 March
Open 7am – 7pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Tuesday 12 March – ongoing
Open 7am – 9am and 4.30 pm – 6.30pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Due to the expected number of visitors using the road VicRoads will interrupt recovery works for the long weekend period. However past the slip sites the road will be closed to one lane only under a traffic signal arrangement. Drivers should expect delays.
After the weekend work on the three slip sites will commence as will tree clearing works up slope of the road. For safety reasons the road could be closed temporarily during the tree clearing process while trees are being felled.
Alternative access to Omeo from the North East is available via Falls Creek and the Bogong High Plains Road.
Information about road closures can be found on the VicRoads website at: www.vicroads.vic.gov.au.
VicRoads Regional Communications Officer Dina Jones
Tel.: 5761 1836
Further information can be obtained by ringing the MHARMB Office on 03 57593550 or emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Liaison – MHARMB
05 March 2013
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update