25cm fresh snow
At around 6.30pm last night the sleet turned to snow and it¬†came down by the bucketful. There's now 25cm on the ground¬†and it's showing no sign of letting up as we wait our this rather large and windy blizzard. The forecast is¬†for more snow tomorrow down to 1300 metres before clearing up on Thursday ¬†and Friday, with more snow due on Saturday.
At 9pm last night the windchill dropped to an absolutely freezing -20 degrees. Temps that cold are not often seen in¬†Australia! At 8am this morning it had warmed up to¬†nearly -10 degrees with wind gusts of around 50km/hr. The winds are still in full force.
With just¬†four sleeps until Opening Weekend we couldn't be happier with¬†the timing of all this new snow.¬†¬†Perfect excuse to Chuck a Snowie?
05 June 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update