Heavenly Valley Chair to open today
With 18cm fresh snow in the past 24 hours (bringing the 48 hour total to 30cm) and the snow guns firing, Heavenly Valley is expected to open around lunchtime today (weather dependent). With more snow on the way, further terrain will be assessed for opening in the next 24 hours.
The snow continued to fall yesterday and overnight with blizzard conditions seemingly here to stay. Several lifts were put on standby due to gale force winds, check with Guest Services for updates on lift status.
The forecast for snow has been extended until Tuesday next week, and as freezing levels are expected to stay low, with temperatures for the week expected to reach a maximum of -2 degrees, we are hoping that more snowmaking opportunities will arise along with the cooler temperatures and lower humidity.
The average natural snowdepth is now 67cm, with more in snowmaking areas. Keep an ear out for news about more terrain opening soon.
If you feel the weather is a little too wild for you, there's plenty to do indoors. Why not settle down in front of the fire with a glass of wine or hot chocolate in one of our many fabulous bars or restaurants, while the kids check out some of the exciting activities available during the school holidays? Today is a fantastic day for the kids as we celebrate Harry the Snowdragon's birthday at the Big D from 4pm.
For those of you still at home wishing you were here, it's not too late! Check out our holiday package deals and come join us in our winter wonderland!
Image - blizzard conditions yesterday but powder pockets out there for those willing to look. Bring on more snow!
05 July 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update