Celebrate 150 years of skiing
Celebrate the 150 year anniversary of skiing in Australia
Get a 2 day adult weekend lift passÂ for $150Â plus help raise funds for on-mountain medical services
Falls Creek and Hotham have acknowledged the 150 Years of Skiing in Australia milestone and will offer a $150 two-day ski lift ticket at both resorts for the weekend of 10 and 11 September, 2011.
â€˜Australia was the first place in the world to turn skiing into a recreational sport rather than a mode of transport so itâ€™s exciting to make this offer to our guests and celebrate this anniversary of our favourite sport becoming funâ€™, said Gina Woodward, Sales & Marketing Manager.
Skiers or boarders will be requested to take part in a gold coin donation to raise funds for key services for guests.
â€˜Throughout winter weâ€™ve assisted to raise funds for various foundations, and this 150 years celebration will be no exception with guests asked to contribute a gold coin to support a couple of local safety and medical services when they purchase their 150 year 2 day lift pass for $150â€™ said Falls Creek Marketing Manager, Nick Noble.
At Falls Creek, funds raised will go towards Ski Patrol which will acquire an Emergency Response Pack valued at $1000 containing a heart monitor, blood saturation monitors and oxygen canister to monitor a patientâ€™s condition.Â Â Falls Creek's Ski Patrol has long been recognised and admired for the service they provide in keeping guests safe on the slopes and providing dedicated response to emergency situations.
Hotham's gold coin donation goes to the alpine resort's Medical Centre toward a new digital xray machine.Â The Medical Centre provides an important service for the mountain and a donation will assist in gaining valuable equipment for diagnosis.
The 150 Years of Skiing in Australia two day lift ticket can be purchased from 3pm Friday 9 September or on Saturday morning from any Hotham or Falls Creek Ski Lift ticket outlet for an enjoyable spring weekend's skiing or boarding.Â
04 September 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update