Lifts open & more snow!
It's snowing again so get out and make the most of it! Up to 20cm is predicted to fall today which makes for a nice change from yesterday's heavy rain.
For Sunday 5 September the planned operations for the Hotham skifield are as follows:
- Heavenly Valley Quad Chair will open as scheduled at 7.30am. A village bus service will operate to the Loch carpark on a circuit back to the village centre from 9.00am.
All other lifts will open as scheduled (weather permitting) with the following exceptions:
- Blue Ribbon will not operate, this includes the upper slopes due to no access to the Village Chair load.
- Village Chair will not operate until the damage sustained to the immediate area is assessed. The Davenport Access Trail, PumpHouse Drop and the Swindlers Trail from the bottom of Heavenly Valley are all closed until further notice.
- Gotcha and the Keogh’s/ Orchard chairlifts will not operate on Sunday but will be assessed for re-opening by Ski Patrol during the day.Due to the extreme natural wet weather systems experienced yesterday there was an incident within the skifield area of Hotham Alpine Resort on Saturday 4 September.
Once this storm cell has passed the ski field will be assessed for damage by Hotham Skiing Company and the Mt Hotham Resort Management Ski Patrol.
Yesterday a saturated natural landslip occurred from the Golden Point area which caused severe damage to the Village Ticket Office, adjacent to the Village Chairlift. The Village Chairlift was not directly involved as the Ticket Office took the impact of the landslip.
MHSC and Ski Patrol worked closely with the Police and the CFA to ensure all guests and staff were removed safely from the skifield as their safety is the number one priority.
04 September 2010
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update