Cold snap hits Hotham
Hotham is currently experiencing an unseasonal cold snap which produced light snowfalls at the resort last night. The cold overnight temperatures¬†ensured that¬†the¬†1-2cm¬†dusting of snow¬†stayed around for most of this morning. In some places¬†there is still snow¬†on building rooftops and on our majestic snowgums.
Currently it is -0.3 degrees with the wind chill at -5.4 degrees so the snow may stay for that little bit longer. The temperatures are set to increase slightly for the weekend with possible thunderstorms.
Once this weather passes and the flowers start blooming, Hotham is¬†a spectacular¬†destination for sightseeing in late Spring. Stop to take in the beautiful scenery and watch the weather roll over the high plains whilst enjoying coffee from Zirky‚Äôs Caf√© (open¬†6 days, 8.30am - 4pm) or lunch at the General Store (open 7 days, Mon - Sat 10am 'til late, Sun 10am - 5pm).¬†Break up the drive - it's a must do!
04 November 2010
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update