SSA Junior Snowboarding Weekend
Australian Junior Snowboarding Series Big Air - Saturday 30 July 2011
Hotham was blessed with great conditions for the SSA sanctioned Australian Junior Snowboarding Series Big Air at the Big D Coliseum. Australia’s top junior snowboarders descended on the 10 foot, 30 foot and 45 foot kickers built by the Hotham Terrain Park Crew and Grooming Team. Spectators were entertained by DJ Eddy on the mic and impressed by just how big the air was as the competitors threw down their top tricks to impress the judges.
Riders from Perisher, Hotham, Melbourne, Buller, Sydney, Ulla Dulla and Wagga Wagga wowed the crowd throughout the afternoon. Matthew Cox, from Perisher, who took out gold in the Grommet 2 Boys division put in a huge effort and landed some nice clean 3’s off the big kicker. His division was the hardest fought, with silver podium place Luke Staveley landing 3’s and Hotham local Bailey Teague taking the bronze for his big straight airs that went deep down the landing.
Laura Whitehead, also from Perisher, placed on the top podium in the Grommet 2 Girls category for her huge Melon grabs. In the Junior 1 Boys category, Declan Vogal-Paul from Buller, took the top podium for his huge Front 720. Alex Fitch, travelling all the way from Norah Head in NSW impressed the judges and took the gold in the Junior 1 Girls division for her huge Method. Junior 2 Boys gold medal winner, Jesse Kennedy from Jindabyne, threw a massive Front 7 in the final while Biba Turnball, also from Jindabyne, took the top podium in the Junior 2 Girls category for her huge Cross Rocket.
The Australian Junior Snowboarding Series continues today at Hotham with the SBX at the Road Runner Rider-X Course.
Click here for a full results listing of the event.
Image - Hotham local Bailey Teague competes in the Big Air at the Big D Coliseum.
31 July 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update