Pea Brain Soup Big Air
The¬†final entr√©e for the A la Carte in the Park series, the Pea Brain Soup Big Air was contested in less than perfect conditions. Competitors hit the custom built 25ft and 40ft big air jumps at the Big D Colosseum on an overcast and¬†snowy afternoon. Judge Robbie Burns commented that ‚Äúthe competitors really went for it in the challenging conditions, not letting a little fresh snow hold them back‚ÄĚ.
The crowd was treated¬†with some spectacular sights as the boarders and skiers threw down their best tricks. However, it was the skiers that stepped it up in this event making the most of their ability to get a bit more speed into the jump. Rodeos, underflips and a few corked nines were thrown by the skiers according to judge Oscar Alston.
As¬†afternoon turned¬†to night, Mother Nature gave the competitors a break and cleared the sky for the finals. Fireworks lit up the night sky before the finals kicked off and¬†Cody Johnson took home first for the open male ski division narrowly beating Coen Bennie-Faull by 0.15 points. Tom Clairs from Falls Creek took out first for the open male snowboard category with his smooth corked back 540s.
Keeping the crowd entertained were MCs Jack Farrall and special guest ex World Cup and Olympic aerial skier Kirstie Marshall.
The event sponsor Oakley hooked the winners up¬†with some awesome prizes.¬†Download¬†the full list of results here. ¬†
The main course of the A la Carte in the Park series, the Beer Battered Rider-X¬†is scheduled for August 26. In the meantime however, don't miss the Hot Ham¬†Banked Slalom on August 11. For more information, go to www.hotham.com.au/events.¬†¬†
Image: Getting airborne! Taken by Mark Tsukasov.
30 July 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update