Basin Rail Jam Review
Hotham Basin Rail Jam - Friday 29 July 2011
The Hotham Junior Snowboarding weekend began with a bang as 55 top junior snowboarders from around Australia competed in the Hotham Basin Rail Jam. Entrants travelled from Cooma, Jindabyne, Mt Buller, Melbourne, Coffs Harbour, Wagga Wagga, Geelong, Sydney and Mansfield with a strong local representation from Hotham and Dinner Plain.
The Hotham Terrain Park Crew rebuilt the entire Basin Terrain Park for the event with 6 features installed. The fridge bonk proved to be a popular jib in the final with Grommet Boys finalist Stan Williams wowing the crowd with a front 360 nose tap over it. A 600 box, Phat Bertha and T-Box at the top of the park were followed by the Up Bar, Down-Flat-Down and Fridge bonk.
Entrants were amped by the high level of competition and are set for a great weekend with a Big Air on Saturday and SBX on Sunday. Place-getters were hooked up with prizes and vouchers from The Boardbox and Pinnacle in Hotham Central.
Click here for a full listing of results for this event.
Image - some of the talented entrants in yesterday's rail jam.
30 July 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update