Snowfalls continued all weekend
Snow has continued to fall throughout the weekend with more than 35cm falling¬†in the last week. A cruel twist from Mother Nature¬†for most, but one that is¬†being enjoyed by those who are putting the effort in to hike and earn their turns.
Although the¬†winter season¬†has officially come to a close and the legal¬†requirement to carry chains now does not apply, we still recommend, due to the snow falling in recent days, that 2WD vehicles at least carry snowchains.
Road users should be aware that chain fitting status signs¬†are NOT currently displayed¬†and therefore drivers should¬†use their own¬†discretion¬†to fit chains¬†if they feel¬†necessary.
It is not recommended to tow¬†trailers¬†or caravans when there is snow predicted. Please check weather conditions before you¬†commence your journey across Hotham. The snowfalls are forecast to finish up later today and the week ahead looks like a sunny one.
For more information and updates on road conditions call VicRoads on 13 11 70.
Updated at 7.35pm, Sunday 2 October 2011.
2 October 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update