Jimmy Blaze fires up at Hotham
International snowmobiling champion Jimmy Blaze from Alaska took flight at Hotham last night showcasing his signature moves, in the air, on a snowmobile.
After a perfect day on the snow in clear skies, over 1500 Hotham guests and staff alike eagerly awaited Jimmy’s signature backflip on his snowmobile in the only show he has ever done in Australia.
Last year Jimmy set the new flip record at the Winter X Games – a backflip on a snowmobile 121 feet in the air. He is a regular on the Discovery Channel’s Stunt Junkies show, showing off his distance backflips, and last nights backflip at Hotham did not disappoint. Jimmy was launching two storeys into the air off a ramp built at the base of the Summit.
The snowmobile freestyle big air finished with a bang of spectacular fireworks lighting up the night sky and the stunning white snow. It could not have been a more perfect night to put on the biggest event Hotham has seen since the Olympic torch relay came through in 2000.
The event action at Hotham doesn’t stop this weekend with the Beer Battered Rider X being held on Hotham’s Rider Cross Course this morning. Jump on the Roadrunner Chair to checkout competitors riding the burms, chutes and jumps.
29 August 2010
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update