Snow for the final weekend
Who would have thought the last 2 days of season 2012 would bring snowfalls down to 500m?! When temperatures dropped down to -5 degrees last night, the dreaded rain we experienced yesterday turned into snow and it's still snowing now; it feels like winter is back! It should continue to snow today and there are predictions of up to 10cm to cover the resort.
The worst of the storm is over but there are still fairly gusty winds out there.
At the moment, Summit Quad is on wind hold but the Big D, Heavenly Valley, Summit Trainer, Village and Road Runner are all on the spin.
Chains are being fitted to all 2wd vehicles from Blowhard on the Harrietville approach and Flourbag on the Dinner Plain approach.
Image: Railometre on the 2nd last day of the season - September 29 2012.
28 September 2012
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update