Bushwalking Opening Season
Mt Hotham Resort Managment's Walking Track Manager, Andrew Swift, invites the public to attend a free tour of the Resort's Walking Tracks this coming Melbourne Cup Long Weekend, Sunday 4 November 2012.
The tours will take walkers out along the Cobungra Ditch Walking Track to the start of The Huts Walk on Cherokee Spur, a distance of 3.2km. The guided tour will describe track construction techniques, gold mining history and general history of the area.
On reaching the start of The Huts Walk on Cherokee Spur, walkers are invited to return with the guide via the same route (a further 3.2km), or continue independently along The Huts Walk or the Cobungra Ditch Walking Track. (If continuing on their own walkers are advised to make their own arrangements to be picked up at either end of the tracks that they will be undertaking).
GUIDED WALKING TOURS
Meet at The General Store, Great Alpine Road, Hotham (opposite Police Station)
Tours depart Sunday 4 november at 9.30am and 1pm
Duration approximately 3 hours
No bookings required
(Tours may be cancelled on the day due to poor weather)
Please be prepared with: wind & waterproof jackets, warm clothing - hat, gloves, sunglasses, strong footwear, food and water, first aid kit and sunscreen.
A reasonable level of fitness and some bushwalking experience are required.
24 October 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update