Vic Roads Traffic Alert
VicRoads is advising motorists of upcoming road maintenance works to upgrade and install culverts and changed traffic conditions at various locations in the Alpine area over the coming two months:
Great Alpine Road between Harrietville and
Working times on site will be between 7.30am to 5pm.
Vicroads Regional Director North Eastern Region Graham Freestone says works include opening the roads to replace culverts, therefore delays should be expected.
“The work crews will allow traffic through at intervals to minimise the delay as much as possible, however only when it is safe to do so. I ask drivers to be patient and to obey the speed limits.”
The works are vital to keep the drainage system functional and are part or VicRoads annual maintenance program, Mr Freestone adds.
“I urge drivers to be mindful of road works on these roads and to drive carefully through the work site for the safety of the road workers and their own safety.”
VicRoads apologises for any delays and inconvenience to the road users.
Information about road closures can be found on the VicRoads website.
24 February 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update