Snow & road update
With more heavy snowfalls in the forecast, from 7.30am this morning the Great Alpine Road will be managed by Victoria Police.
The gate at Harrietville will be manned from this time and it is likely that the RMB will run convoys from the start of the day in an effort to avoid delays on the road for our guests travelling to the resort for the weekend. All drivers are obliged to follow the instructions from the Police and fit chains where directed. Chains are being fitted in both directions on the Great Alpine Road.
If you are coming from Melbourne please consider getting to Hotham via Bairnsdale/Omeo.
Overnight there has been 9cm of snow so far and the conditions are windy. Snow continues to fall and is forecast to do so throughout the week.
The current temperature is minus 5.3 degrees with snowfalls down to 700 metres. Currently (as at 7.30am) Keoghs and Orchard lifts are on windhold.
24 August 2012
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update