More snow on the way
With snowfall predictions of between 30 and 60cm of snow forecast to fall in the coming 48 hours, there’s plenty to be excited about up here. Once the flakes start falling, freezing levels are expected to drop to about 800m by Tuesday night. Snow showers and flurries are anticipated on and off until Friday, with some sources indicating it will be the heaviest snow of the season so far. Up to 10cm of snow falling per hour has been talked about so we can only hope!
With the wind picking up outside and strong gale warnings forecast to continue into the next 24 hours, those lucky enough to be on mountain should exercise caution, remain indoors and wait and pray for Mother Nature to do her thing.
Image: There's plenty more where that came from! Some of the build up after this morning's snowfalls.
21 June 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update