So much snow at Hotham
Last week, we were blessed here at Hotham with more than 70cm of fresh snow in less than one week! The average natural snowdepth is now 179cm – what a fantastic depth for this time of year as spring draws near! The sun has been shining, the blue skies are poking through the clouds and the snow conditions are fantastic. It really is magical out there, so drop what you’re doing, hop in the car and hit the slopes!
Conditions are about to get even better and we’ve got fresh tracks in store for later this week. A series of cold fronts are on their way with the first big one due to hit this Thursday night. It’s expected to snow persistently all weekend! Experts like Jane Bunn are predicting up to 30cm to fall from Thursday night through to Saturday morning and a further 15 to 25cm is expected to fall from Saturday night through to Monday.
Bring it on Mother Nature! We just LOVE how August is shaping up – the perfect way to wrap up winter as we edge closer to spring sunshine.
Don't forget, you can head to Hotham's eStore to purchase your lift passes, lessons and equipment hire before the weekend rush! Don't waste time queuing when you get here. Use the express lane in Hotham Central to pick up your pre-purchased passes and spend more time doing what you love - skiing or snowboarding!
Image: Drew Jolowicz enjoying fresh powder following the last BIG snowstorm, August 17. Pic taken by Mark Tsukasov.
21 August 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update