Cobungra Ditch Walk
Make the most of the beautiful sunny summer conditions at Mt Hotham and be the first to get a sneak peak of our newest walking trail, The Cobungra Ditch Walk.¬†¬†
All members of the public are invited to attend a special advance¬†preview of the¬†trail¬†on the Australia Day public holiday, Wednesday January 26. ¬†
There will be a free guided tour by the resort‚Äôs Walking Track Manager Andrew Swift, departing¬†at 10am¬†from the¬†Davenport Access Track on the Great Alpine Road. Bookings are recommended by calling the Mt Hotham Resort Management Board to book on 03 5759 3550, or email.
A free shuttle bus providing public transport for visitors on Australia Day¬†will operate from Brandy Creek, through¬†the village and¬†out to¬†Mt Loch Carpark.¬†The bus will operate from 11:00am on the hour from Brandy Creek. The last bus will leave at 3:00pm.
The opening of the 12.5km Cobungra Ditch Walk retraces the steps of our gold mining pioneers, and how the investment made by the Cobungra GMCo generated a mining boom which eventually saw the development of the future Great Alpine Road, and the beginnings of Mt Hotham as a winter tourist destination.¬†¬†
The walk will officially open on the Labor Day long weekend in March.
20 January 2011
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update