17cm fresh, all lifts open
For the first time in season 2010, all 13 lifts at Hotham Alpine Resort are planned for full operation as of today, Saturday 21 August. The final lift to openÂ is one of Hothamâ€™s favourite chairlifts, Blue Ribbon.
The snow continues to fall at Hotham with the last 24 hours seeing another 17cm of fresh snowfalls and more is expected into next week. The total August snowfall is now 136cm and has contributed to the average natural snowdepth reading of 114cm - yes, we have happily surpassed the one metre mark!
The fantastic natural snowfalls have fallen on a solid manmade base now measuring 122cm. Total snowmaking production this season has now reached 403,049 cubic metres â€“ more than double last yearâ€™s total seasonal production of 198,042 of m3. Thatâ€™s nearly 20m of snow covering the surface of the MCG or enough to fill 161 Olympic swimming pools.
This weekend sees Vancouver Olympians Scott Kneller, Katya Crema and Sarah Sauvey returning to Hotham to compete in the two day FIS Australia New Zealand Cup Ski Cross event. The Biathlon Sprints are on at Whiskey Flat and it's Hotham's Gay Ski Week too. Fun times this weekend on and off snow.
With more than six weeks remaining of this snow season, thereâ€™s still plenty of time toÂ BOOK a great Hotham snow holiday package. The 2010 winter season officially closes on October 3, 2010.
20 August 2010
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update