Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
Hotham and Dinner Plain are gearing up for the extra long weekend, with lots of activities to celebrate the Easter and ANZAC Day break.
Zirky's at Hotham and Pinnacle at Dinner Plain will be selling the last of last year's winter stock. Everything needs to go, so grab yourself a bargain with up to 70% off! Open from Good Friday to Easter Monday, 10am - 4pm.
The Big D Chairlift will be running on Easter Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am - 3.30pm. Take a scenic ride to the top of Mt Higginbotham or take on the Junior Mountain Biking trail. Tickets can be purchased at the chairlift. $5 one way; $10 return.
On Saturday The General Store is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at 12pm, with live music from 2.30pm. There'll be a live auction at Castran Corner in Dinner Plain and Bobby Valentine will perform in an Alpine open air concert.
On Sunday, get down to the Cadbury Giant Easter Egg Hunt at the Dinner Plain playground, with a visit from the Easter Bunny himself. Live music at Rundells from 9pm.
Don't miss the annual Geebung vs Cuff 'n' Collar Polo match at Cobungra Station on Easter Sunday. There's more chocolate for the kids (dropped onto the field from a helicopter), fashions on the field, jumping castle, tug-o-war, sack races, face painting and games. Buy your tickets online at www.visitdinnerplain.com/polo
Throughout the weekend a miniature train will take children around Dinner Plain Village.
Horses will return to Dinner Plain over Easter with 2 hour trail rides ($85) and 20 minute pony rides through the village ($25) available from 8.30am Saturday - Tuesday. No bookings needed, you'll find the horses at Crisp Hut in Dinner Plain.
A range of cafes, restaurants and pubs will be open over the Easter break, including the Dinner Plain Hotel, Alphutte, Cilantro, Rundells, High Plains, Mountain Kitchen, Brandy Creek, The General Store, Jack Frost and Zirky's Cafe.
20 April 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update