4 Peaks Climb
Walkers and runners alike will take to the hills this month to tackle four of the most challenging peaks. The event takes place over 4 days and participants can choose to tackle the region’s most well-known mountains – Mystic Hill, Feathertop, Hotham and Buffalo respectively.
This is the 32nd annual 4 Peaks climb and will be held from Saturday November 3 – Tuesday November 6.
Previously known as the Bright Alpine Climb, the event first began in 1979 as a way to encourage walkers into the hills to enjoy the superb scenery the area has to offer. 4 Peaks is a family friendly event suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
• Saturday November 3 – Mystic Hill: Runners 1hr 10 mins, Walkers 2hrs 15 mins. Meet at Wandiligong Alpine Park.
• Sunday November 4 – Mount Feathertop: Runners 1hr 26 mins, Walkers 2hrs 30 mins. Meet at Tavare Park, Harrietville. If you fail to reach the top you must tell the sweep you are returning. Windproof jacket required. No jacket, no start.
• Monday November 5 – Mount Hotham: Runners 2hrs 0mins, Walkers 3hrs 30 mins. Meet at Tavare Park, Harrietville. Same rules as Sunday. No jacket, no start.
• Tuesday November 6 – Mount Buffalo: Runners 1hr 20mins, Walkers 2hrs 30mins. Start at the entrance to Mt Buffalo National Park. Start times: Slow walkers and children must start at 7 – 7.30am. Walkers’ entries will not be accepted after 8am. Runners start after 8am, with last runners away at 8.30am.
Food will be provided on days 1, 2 and 3 and there will be a barbecue at the completion of the Buffalo climb.
Adults can enter for $10 per day or 4 days for $20. Juniors under 19 can enter for $5 per day or 4 days for $10.
Please note, there are no lifts back off Mt Buffalo and it is recommended that climbers also arrange their own lift off Mt Hotham.
17 October 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update