Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
Vic Roads will be doing works on the Great Alpine Road from November 11th through until early December to safely remove fire damaged trees effected by the 2013 bushfires. Read on for the official VicRoads Media release.
2 December 2013
Great Alpine Road tree removal works ahead of schedule
VicRoads advises that tree removal works along the Great Alpine Road between Harrietville and the Dargo High Plains Road are ahead of schedule with all work set to be completed before the original forecast date of Friday 20 December.
With an initial three week program of tree removal coming to an end, the second phase will commence on Wednesday 4 December.
The second stage of works involves the removal of dead and dangerous bushfire damaged trees located 10-40 metres from the roadside inside the Alpine National Park.
Drivers will be able to access the Great Alpine Road at all times, however sections of road alongside where the works are occurring will be subject to site specific traffic control.
Delays of up 30 minutes may be experienced and VicRoads encourages motorists travelling through the area to plan ahead and allow for this additional travel time.
Motorists are requested to observe the changed traffic conditions for their own safety and the safety of workers nearby the road, including adhering to reduced speed limits.
VicRoads thanks the community for their patience while these important activities are carried out and will advise when all tree removal works are completed.
For enquiries or more information about the works, please contact VicRoads on 5761 1827.
16 October 2013
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update