FIS ANC Giant Slalom
On Monday Hotham hosted the first Giant Slalom race for the FIS Australia New Zealand Continental Cup. 27 ladies and 36 men from around the world competed on the Snake Gully course in contention for valuable Continental Cup points.
After the first run Hotham locals and National Team members lead the field with Greta Small in the ladies division and Luke Laidlaw in the men’s. Following the second run, Moe Hanaoka from Japan placed first in the ladies division making 32.23 FIS points ahead of Australian National Team members, sixteen year-old young gun Greta Small and experienced campaigner Emily Bamford.
The men’s division was won by Grant Jampolsky from the USA who made 16.21 FIS points. Second place was won by Tim Lindgren from Sweden, while Hig Roberts from the USA placed third.
The action continued today on Snake Gully with the Giant Slalom Race 2. Representatives came from Norway, Japan, New Zealand, France, Austria, Sweden, USA, Belgium, Hungary, Great Britain and Australia with a total of 27 ladies and 35 men competing for Cup points.
Lavinia Chrystal representing Australia placing first in the ladies division ahead of fellow National Team member Emily Bamford making 0.00 FIS points and 2.73 FIS points respectively. Rikke Gasmann-Brott from Norway finished fastest in the first run and ended on the third place podium, making 3.68 FIS points for the day.
The men’s division was won by Tim Lindgren from Sweden who made 17.18 FIS points following two impressive runs of 59.70s and 59.65s. Second place was won by Hig Roberts from the USA making 24.47 FIS points and Carl-Filip Oester of Sweden finished third making 26.07 FIS points.
The action in the FIS Australia New Zealand Continental Cup 2011 continues on Snake Gully tomorrow with Slalom Race 1.
Click here for a detailed list of results.
Image - The women's podium from Race 1.
16 August 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update