FIS ANC GS Skiing Day One
1.¬†Greta Small (Australia) ‚Äď Team Hotham athlete
2.¬†Rikke Gasmann-Brott (Norway)
3.¬†Caroline Barry (USA),
1.¬†Cameron Smith (USA)
2.¬†Luke Laidlaw (Australia) ‚Äď Team Hotham athlete
3.¬†Johan Oehagen (SWE)
1. Greta Small (Australia)
2. Emily Bamford (Australia)
3. Joelle Chevalier (Australia)
1. Cameron Smith (USA)
2. Johan Oehagen (SWE)
3. Jon Olsson (SWE)
Hotham Alpine Resort hosted the Australian New Zealand Continental Cup (ANC) Giant Slalom race yesterday and¬†today, Wednesday 15 August & Thursday 16 August¬†2012, off the Heavenly Chair and finishing at the bottom of Snake Gully.
Racers competed in two runs with the combined times determining the winner. The long course had a mixture of weather with fog on the higher elevations and then clearing mid way down to the finish on the first run. After resetting the course for the second run snow started to fall to add another element that racers had to contend with. Again the top section of the course had some fog and conditions improving the lower down the course the racers ventured.
Australian national champion and Hotham athlete Greta Small continued her exceptional run of results with¬†back to back firsts¬†in¬†yesterday's and today's¬†ANC at Hotham. Small who has dominated the women‚Äôs ski racing the past few seasons narrowly edged out Norwegian skier Rikka Gasmann-Brott with Caroline Barry from the USA in third place.
Following the winner Cameron Smith from the USA was Hotham skier, Luke Laidlaw. Close by in third place was Johan Oehagen¬†from the Swedish Team who finished in second place on day 2. The Swedish team produced good results taking out positions 5 through 8 with Jon Olsson in 7th place on day 1 and 3rd place on day 2.
Image: Hotham's Greta Small in action. Pic by Steve Cuff, Sports Photographics.
16 August 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update