Hotham hosts FIS ANC Alpine
This week Hotham plays host to the first leg of the FIS Australia New Zealand Continental Cup (ANC). This is the first of three races in the series with discipline champions being crowned in Slalom, Giant Slalom and Super G events.
The race schedule this week includes two giant slalom races with a 260m vertical drop and two slalom races with a 160m vertical drop. Both events will be held on the FIS Homologated Snake Gully course, with anticipated race times of 1:15 and 55secs respectively. That’s fast!
Throughout the week, athletes from ten countries including Australia, New Zealand, France, Great Britain, USA, Austria, Japan, Belgium, Hungary and Sweden will race down Snake Gully in an attempt to capture valuable Cup points before the NZ leg of the series.
Among Australia’s representatives are Hotham locals Luke Laidlaw and Greta Small. Laidlaw is currently the #1 ranked Australian overall in Giant Slalom whilst Small is a local teenage ski sensation who has emerged as Australia’s newest alpine powerhouse following recent race events at NSW resorts. Eligible to compete in junior competitions for another four years, Small has already added the giant slalom open national championship to her list of amazing achievements this year. There is no doubt that Small and Laidlaw both have bright futures ahead of them and we look forward to supporting them on their home mountain this week.
15 August 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update