Call for Applications for the Chairperson of BART
The Board for Alpine Resorts Tourism (BART) is calling for an independent chairperson to provide leadership and direction for the board in order to achieve the objectives outlined in the BART Strategic Plan. This position will be a 12 month contract, with the possibility for extension. The successful candidate will commence their role as the BART Chairperson from December 2009.
Under the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997, there is a legislative requirement for the Alpine Resorts Coordinating Council (ARCC) to coordinate, in conjunction with Tourism Victoria (TV), the overall promotion of Alpine Resorts (Section 18(b)). The Act also requires the Alpine Resort Management Boards (ARMBs) to contribute, together with TV and the ARCC, to the overall promotion of Alpine Resorts (Section 38(b)).
The Board for Alpine Resorts Tourism (BART) was established in 1999 to ensure a coordinated approach to the overall promotion of the Victorian Alpine Resorts. It has been identified that BART has a key leadership role in the development of the industry.
BART operates under a formal Memorandum of Understanding between the ARCC, TV and the five ARMBs (Falls Creek, Lake Mountain, Mount Baw Baw, Mount Buller and Mount Stirling, and Mount Hotham). Each of the parties to the Memorandum of Understanding contributes funding for the promotion of alpine resorts in accordance with an annual Funding Agreement tied to the current Strategic Plan.
The members of BART are as follows:
- An independent Chairperson – where appointed
- Two members nominated by the ARCC
- Two members nominated by TV
- Two members nominated by the Falls Creek ARMB
- One member nominated by the Lake Mountain ARMB
- One member nominated by the Mount Baw Baw ARMB
- Two members nominated by the Mount Buller and Mount Stirling ARMB
- Two members nominated by the Mount Hotham ARMB
BART has established a Marketing Committee, which has been given responsibility for developing and delivering BART’s annual Marketing Plan. Each member of BART may participate on the Marketing Committee, with the Mount Hotham, Falls Creek and Mount Buller and Mount Stirling ARMBs invited to contribute up to two members each (of which one may be a lift company representative). The Marketing Committee plays an important role in sharing information and ensuring an integrated approach in the delivery of the cooperative marketing initiatives.
Should you wish to apply for the position of BART Chair person, please mark your applications private and confidential and send to Kate Monahan by close of business Friday, 30th of October 2009.
If you have any enquiries, please contact either Brad Miles at the Alpine Resorts Coordinating Council, or Dorana Wirne from Tourism Victoria.
Alpine Resorts Coordinating Council
03 9637 8955
General Manager, Destination and Product Marketing
03 9653 9829
13 October 2009
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update