Summer activities at Hotham
When the days become too hot to handle, why not take a trip to the Victorian Alps and breathe in the fresh mountain air this summer at Hotham? This is the coolest place to be for a summer break, where the air is fresh and the night sky is clear, and with all kinds of fun activities to suit the whole family, you won’t regret spending some time in the mountains.
There are a variety of bushwalking trails to explore with access to some of Australia’s best views, unique flora and fauna and some of the area’s most fascinating history. The bushwalking season usually runs from early November to late May as the trails are mostly snow covered during winter.
Discover a forgotten history at the huts of Hotham and Dinner Plain. Hundreds of huts once existed across the ranges acting as shelter for travellers. Most have long since perished but you’ll find a few still remain.
Those looking to get their adrenaline pumping a bit harder might like to try horseriding, motorcycling, x-country mountain biking or really challenge themselves with cycling the tough climb and descent of the Great Alpine Road. The Audax Hotham Challenge on March 10, 2013 will push cyclists of all ages to their physical and mental limits. Participants will not only be able to challenge themselves on their bikes, but also enjoy the beautiful village of Dinner Plain with fantastic food, wine and friends.
For more information on the range of great activities and events on offer this summer, including Cool Summer Festival, the Geebung vs. Cuff ‘n’ Collar Polo Match at Easter, and Nissan Beyond Hotham visit www.hotham.com.au/events.
Please be aware that the CFA has declared the start of the official fire danger period for the North East municipalities of Towong, Alpine, Falls Creek and Mount Hotham. Residents are no longer permitted to light fires in the open air without written CFA permission.
Image: Friends hiking at Hotham in summertime, admiring the stunning view.
12 November 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update