Cool Summer Festival 2011
The hills will be alive with the sound of music when
The Cool Summer Festival¬†line up will continue the event's tradition of catering to a fine mix of genres and quality acts and will culminate with none other than the iconic John Williamson.¬†¬† Having just been inducted into the ARIA hall of fame, John must be known to every Aussie around. Not only great for the kids of today, for those born in the 70s and 80s he stirs up memories of traveling in the back of Mum and Dad‚Äôs station wagon on the annual summer camping trip, singing along to ĽTrue Blue ľ 20 years ago.
Having just been inducted into the ARIA hall of fame, John must be known to every Aussie around. Not only great for the kids of today, for those born in the 70s and 80s he stirs up memories of traveling in the back of Mum and Dad‚Äôs station wagon on the annual summer camping trip, singing along to ĽTrue Blue ľ 20 years ago.
The lineup has something for everyone with bands such as Tijuana Cartel, Nicky Bomba (from John Butler Trio), Marshall & the Fro, Abbie Cardwell, Immigrant Union (with Brent DeBoer from The Dandy Warhols), Lee Rosser and the Hussy Hicks gracing the stage over the weekend.
With a summer season packed with festivals, it can be hard to choose where to go. But with such cheap tickets and accommodation on offer, a BYO set up, this festival is a rare gem on the calendar.
Lots of families come for the weekend each year so 2011 will see a lot more activities aside from live music. With a particular emphasis on workshops such as didgeridoo, beat boxing, drumming and circus tricks, there will be lots of interactive fun for kids and big kids as well.
Early bird tickets are only $66 each and even better than that, kids 16 and under are free so there is no reason not to get yourself and the family along for the weekend. Once you go, you are hooked. You just hope that it takes everyone else a while to clue on!
Early bird tickets are on sale now so visit www.coolsummerfestival.com for more information.
18 November 2010
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It‚Äôs time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update