Mid-Summer SNOW Hits Hotham
Weather predictions released on Monday this week forecast snow for Wednesday and the weatherman was right!
It started snowing at around 1am this morning and the overnight low saw the windchill at minus 12.2 degrees. It has continued to snow into the morning and a light dusting of snow has settled on some cars but no snow has settled on the warmer ground.
The temperature is currently -0.3 degrees with a windchill factor of -7.3 degrees.
This burst of snow in the middle of summer is however predicted to be shortlived with the forecast for a sunny weekend and a top of around 12 degrees.Â
Hopefully this early dumping of snow is a taste of an exciting winter season for 2012 with lots and lots of snow.Â
For more information about 2012 season passes visit www.hotham.com.au/seasonpass.
11 January 2012
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update