Sled Dogs set to race in Dinner Plain
ADVANCE Sled Dog Challenge, 14 - 15 August
This weekend is the 17th year of the Advance Sleddog Challenge Race which is held in Dinner Plain. The annual event attracts the finest sled dog teams from Australia and New Zealand and it is set to be a great year with fresh snowfalls making the track race and picture perfect.
A huge 71 dog teams, totalling over 280 dogs, will strive to achieve their fastest times as they dodge and weave their way through Dinner Plain's stunning terrain and snow gums.
To qualify to compete in the ADVANCE Sled Dog Challenge mushers must compete in at least three dry land races. The most common breeds of dogs raced are Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes, however other breeds have been known to compete also
Racing teams will set out from Dinner Plain Village at 9am on both Saturday and Sunday. Don’t miss a chance to watch the action as Australia’s best sled dog teams take to the snow trails.
10 August 2010
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update