Winter draws closer!
Chocolate eggs weren’t the only welcome delivery over Easter weekend with Hotham experiencing some more early snowfalls yesterday and overnight. A light dusting of snow managed to settle helping to cool the ground in preparation for Winter so when the snow starts falling more consistently it’s more likely to settle and start forming a snowbase ready for skiing and boarding.
Temperatures dropped to a very chilly -4.9 degrees overnight and the windchill factor was as low as -17.1 degrees at 10am this morning. More snow would have settled if it wasn’t blown away by gusts of wind, which reached 69km/hr at around 8pm last night. Temperatures still haven’t risen above zero degrees today.
Winter is just around the corner with only 60 sleeps left until the official opening of the 2012 snow season! Visit Hotham’s eStore to purchase online and save time on the mountain. Call 1800 Hotham to book your holiday.
Image: Snow covered Hotham Heights Chalets on Monday 9 April taken by George Taylor.
10 April 2012
- Latest News
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- Terrain Park Update