First day of winter!
It’s the 1st of June and winter has arrived with a clear morning and bright blue skies.
The snowguns are on and Hotham Alpine Resort is in final preparations for the opening of the snow season – in only 10 sleeps!
Snow is predicted to fall over the coming weekend, with up to 20cm forecast to fall on Sunday alone, and through early next week leading up to the Queen’s Birthday opening weekend.
The Village Ticket Office at the bottom of the Village Chairlift has been rebuilt after the heavy rains in early September last year all but washed it away. The brand new hut is ready to go for season 2011.
Most chairs are back on the lift cables and have been spinning this week, making sure everything is perfect for when the guests arrive in less than two weeks.
Opening Weekend is shaping up to be a big one at Hotham and Dinner Plain, with lots of food and wine events, live music, Harry the Snowdragon will be out and about and of course – we’ll officially open the snow season and make some turns!
Image: Brand new Village Hut at the bottom of Village Chairlift.
01 June 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- It’s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update