First snowfalls pre-winter 2011
Winter arrives early at Hotham!
Today we welcomed the arrival ofÂ our first snowfalls for 2011, two months prior to the opening of the 2011 winter season on Saturday 11 June.
The first flakes started falling at 4pm today and the resort has since received 3cm of snow. Snow has settled on the ground down to 1600m, a good sign that the ground is cold and ready for winter.
With 62 sleeps still to go until Opening Weekend, itâ€™s always exciting to receive snow so early - not really a surprise considering the very wet and mild summer Victoria has experienced this year.
The current temperature is -0.9 degrees and further snowfalls have been forecast for the next two days.
Looking forÂ snow holiday deal for winter 2011? Check out our accommodation pages and pick up the phone (or email of course)! See you on the mountain soon.
10 April 2011
- Latest News
- Hotham Road Update - 3rd December, 2013.
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
- Search for Lost Grave
- QantasLink unmissable sale is on now!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Arlberg Hotham
- 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
- Early Bird 2014 Hotham Season Permit
- Celebrating 150 Years Of Rich Gold History
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Thanks For the Fun Times
- Itâ€™s time to say goodbye
- Spring Offers
- Spring Sessions Sorbet Slopestyle
- Strategic Management Plan Feedback
- 2014 Hero Pass - Last chance to purchase!
- 18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
- Keogh's/Orchard now OPEN!
- The 2nd Annual Genny Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hotham - Snowfield of Women
- Snow Shoe Tour This Monday At Dinner Plain
- 12cm fresh snow overnight!
- Terrain Park Update